Saturday, February 2, 2013

Shaklee 180 - The Second Week

Well the excitement of the first week is over and now the work of staying on the plan really kicks in. I personally didn't think it was really very hard to do the smoothee for breakfast and the meal bar for lunch. That is something I think I will be able to do for the 90 days pretty easily.

I should say I can do it easily during the weekdays. The weekend on the other hand is a little bit of a different story.

Going out with the family and hiking, picnicking  or even just shopping makes it tough to do a Smoothee or even the meal bar. Even when I am at home the kids are eating yummy stuff like pizza and pasta and hamburgers, so I tend to join in.

Last weekend I did the shake for breakfast but didn't follow the plan after that.  I didn't gain any weight doing this last weekend but this weekend we are out of town at a wedding and it is Super Bowl Sunday so I am sure I won't be eating as healthy as I should.

I just figure if a plan can't work without me totally changing everything about my life then it will be a waste of my time because I will just gain the weight back when I stop the plan. I am willing to change, but I still have to live.  I think I have done a lot of good change as far as my food choices.  I only have a soda about once a month instead of once or twice a day.  I replaced my daily drinks with water and while it was a struggle at first, now I don't really miss the sugar drinks at all.

I did start doing push-ups and sit-ups this week so that should help. I am hoping to add in sure cardio soon. I have only lost about 1/2 a pound this week but it seems to me that I am looking better and I do have more energy. I am thinking I might measure my waist to see if I am losing inches even if I am not losing pounds. After all the plan says I should be losing fat and if I am working out, maybe I am gaining muscle. I am pretty sure muscle weighs more than fat for the same volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I love hearing what others have experienced and have to say. If you haven's already, please sign up to follow the blog so we can stay in touch. Thanks, Mike.