Friday, February 22, 2013

The Shaklee 180 Mobile App - Part 3

Other Resources and Workouts

This is the third installment of my Shaklee 180 Mobile App. For this post I going to focus on the extras that Shaklee has provided with this mobile app. I think it is these little extras that take this from being just another food and calorie tracking app.  While I think Shaklee has done a great job in the food and calorie portion of the app and I would rank them among the top in that app category, adding the extra resources pushes them into more that just and app and into a full weight loss program.

Resource Menu

The extra resources includes two areas that make this a complete weight loss program - the Workouts and the Recipes & Tips. To me these two areas are critical in order to truly achieve the turnaround that this 180 program talks about. Making changes in the choices you make physically and in your diet are important things to learn how to do and I think this is a good step in that direction.

The rest of the resource menu is more information about Shaklee, the Shaklee 180 program, and the products that Shaklee provides with the kit. If you are not familiar with Shaklee and their philosophy there is a lot of good information available including the information about the science behind the 180 system.

The Workouts

I have started the workouts and have tried several to this point. Shaklee has worked with a couple of trainers and they are using what is called the burst system.  The concept behind this is based on interval training.  Short bursts of activity done in various ways and using multiple muscle groups to shock your system and help you burn calories while working out and for hours after.

The workouts I have tried so far were definitely intense but they were easy in that there was no special equipment required and you could adjust your level intensity to fit what you could handle.  The jury is still out on the overall workout program but I am only starting week 2 so I will try to check back in after I have done more of the program.

Tips and Recipes

The Recipe portion is not huge on the app but it does have some good starting points and there is more help to be found online. Besides the recipes, there are several articles that explain ways to improve your health and your weight loss efforts

Honestly, I have not tried any of the recipes yet but I have read a few of the articles.  They are informative and give you a better understanding of some of what is happening behind the diet plan in order to help you lose weight now and keep it off later.

Overall Impression

Overall I am impressed the the mobile app that Shaklee has provided for their Shaklee 180 Turnaround weight loss system.

  1. They included all the necessary components to be a good standalone weight and calorie counter.  
  2. They also included enough stuff to be a good workout tracker, even going the extra mile and putting in every day, normal life activities as exercise.
  3. And then they put together a nice resources section complete with dieting tips, recipes and a complete workout system.


Any one of these three items could stand alone and be a decent app from the App Store or Google Play Store.  But by putting all 3 together in one mobile app, Shaklee has gone the extra mile to truly create a weight loss system.

But the BEST PART - the app is only one aspect of the 180 turnaround program.  The real power of the system is the quality products you get and the science that went into creating those products. Shaklee went as far as doing clinical trials to prove that their products and the Leucine in those products really helped people to lose the fat and not the muscle.

And don't forget the online and social Web 2.0 areas of the program.  Just one more part of what looks to be a great system.

I am happy with what I have seen so far and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.  I am around 3 weeks into the program myself and I feel great and I have been making progress towards my goal. I will be updating my progress and my reviews of the products as my journey continues.

If you missed my first 2 installments of the Mobile App review you can find them by clicking on the following links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I love hearing what others have experienced and have to say. If you haven's already, please sign up to follow the blog so we can stay in touch. Thanks, Mike.