Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shaklee 180 - day 1 thru 7

OK, I ordered my Shaklee 180 kit at the end of December when the product was first launched.  I received it about 5 days later in January.  That fit perfectly into my New Years resolution and I was already to go.

BUT then life happened like it does for most of us and I was already breaking my plan.  I had all kinds of excuses like starting a new job but anyway I failed to start like I wanted.

Jump forward to Monday January 21st.

OK, now I am finally getting started.  I am still not completely ready but I figure if I keep letting all the little excuses and life problems get in my way I will never get going.  The plan recommends that you add exercise to your weekly routine and that was one of my biggest excuses.  NO time.  But I am going to at least start with the plan and then start adding in exercise as I go.

Here are the basic daily food and meal plans:

  • Breakfast: Shaklee 180 Energizing Smoothie, a serving of fresh fruit and 1 Metabolic Boost (a supplement)
  • Lunch: Shaklee 180 Energizing Smoothie or a Meal-in-a-Bar and 1 Metabolic Boost
  • Dinner: A healthy meal that includes a protein, a salad, vegetables and a smart side item.  (It does give some examples of good choices.)  Again you take 1 Metabolic Boost.
  • Snacks: It recommends you eat one of their Snack bars each day to help get the Leucine you need to make the program work.  It also provides an Energizing Tea and gives examples of guilt free snacks to add to the diet.
My week:

I did kind of get started on Monday the 21st.  I had the smoothie for breakfast and then I had the meal in a bar for lunch.  I did the strawberry smoothie and added a banana and some strawberries so I had my fruit blended into the smoothie.  It was very good.  I did take my normal vitamins that I have been taking for the past couple of years as well.  The Meal-in-a-Bar was the chocolate peanut butter.  It was also good.  It is a little dry so be sure to have some water to drink.  

Overall, I was not at all hungry throughout the day.  I did have a snack when I got home around 5 but I was not dying of hunger or anything.

I have done this same routine from Monday through Saturday.  I had the Smoothie for breakfast and the Bar for lunch and then ate normally for snacks and dinner.

I did NOT follow the plan very well though.  I did not take the Metabolic Boost at all.  I did NOT add much exercise other than I did play soccer with my kids for about 45 minutes last Sunday.  And I did not use the snack bars, tea or much else.  I did try to cut back some on the amount of snacking I do after dinner and I did cut back a little on my portion sizes at dinner.

So as far as being a good plan follower, I FAILED.  However, I started weighing in last Monday and figured I would have a weekly weigh in.  I was 261 pounds to start the week and today (Sunday the 27th) I was 254 pounds.

SO even though I wasn't that good at following the plan, I DID LOSE 7 POUNDS the first week.

My conclusion.  GET STARTED.  Don't wait until everything is perfect and you know everything about the plan or have your life regulated so well that nothing ever changes or surprises you (I know that will never happen in my life).  Just get going.  

I plan on going to the MYSHAKLEE180 website today and signing up - like I was supposed to on Day 1.  I will report back what I find.

My goals this week are:
  1. to be registered for the plan online and see what they have to offer
  2. add in more of the plan such as the Metabolic Boost, Snack Bars and Tea.
  3. add in at least some exercise and hopefully start a routine
  4. keep losing weight - my goal is to be down to 250 by next Monday (February 4)
  5. add a blog post each day (from now on) to keep myself on track and give an honest review for anyone reading my blog

I also plan on trying to write a detailed review of each of the products that come with the Shaklee 180 plan from the shakes and the bars to the website the apps and the support.  I am going to be realistic and not guarantee one this week but I will do my best to do a new one each week.

I am adding a picture I took on day 1 so I would have a reference to look back on as I travel through this journey.  It is not my most flattering pic but it will do.  Maybe by not being so wonderful it will just make me look that much better as I progress through the plan :-).  I was not quite brave enough to post the no-shirt look.  Maybe that will also change...

Shaklee 180 - Day 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I love hearing what others have experienced and have to say. If you haven's already, please sign up to follow the blog so we can stay in touch. Thanks, Mike.