Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shaklee 180 - Day 8

Well one week down and I am still going strong.  Well actually I am getting stronger or should I say doing better.  The first week I was just scratching the surface and trying to at least get started with the program.  I was all gung ho at the beginning of the year and spouted off lots of wonderful resolutions but then actually following through was, of course, a different story.

But I did get started and now this week I am trying to really do it right.  I went to the MyShaklee180 website that is provided to everyone using the program.  It seemed like a pretty good site with tips on staying active, eating the right foods and eating the right portions.  I didn't have time to look around much but I put it in my plans to come back and do a more in depth review of the website.

They did have a contest - what looked like a 'biggest loser' type of deal where you could win different prizes.  It looked like there might be weekly prizes (maybe from a drawing) and a couple of major prizes to be given out at 90 and 180 day intervals.  Remember the premise of the plan was 90 days to lose the weight and 90 days to keep it off for a total of 180.

I did enter the contest and even uploaded my pic.  I wasn't brave enough yet to do the shirtless pic but well see after a couple of months.

They website also mentioned a phone/tablet app for apple and android but apparently that is still in production.  I would mark this down as a negative.  If you are going to roll out a fancy new program it would be nice to have all the tools available from the beginning.  The app is promised to be here so I will make note of it and do my review when it shows up. (Update: (02/2012) - The mobile app has now been released.)

As far as my personal day, I was still at 254 pounds so I didn't lose any more weight over the weekend but for me just maintaining my weight over a weekend is a huge bonus.  This is the tough time for me because all the kids are home and we are out doing things and sometimes its eat on the go.  Which can mean not as controlled or healthy.

For Monday (day 8) I did the shake for breakfast (added my fruit as always) and I did add the Metabolic Boost supplement, FINALLY!  For lunch I had the Shaklee 180 Meal bar and then I had a normal dinner - crock pot pork with green chili, rice and beans. I took a Boost at dinner but missed it at lunch.  I tried the Pomegranate Energizing Tea after dinner and was not super impressed.  However, I am not a tea person so I will give it a couple of days before I pass final judgement.  For snack I did have 2 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (not a suggested snack) and some mixed nuts.

So far I like the shakes and meal bars and don't find myself starving or dying for a big meal or a hamburger.  I think I can do this breakfast/lunch change.  I will report back later on how things are going.  See if anymore weight comes off. In the meantime, I plan on doing some more reviews of the products and support and trying to add some more exercise into my routine.  I think I will check out some of the Shaklee workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I love hearing what others have experienced and have to say. If you haven's already, please sign up to follow the blog so we can stay in touch. Thanks, Mike.